Sunday, November 4, 2007

Pumpkin-Chocolate Muffins

These are incredibly good. I made them in the afternoon for a snack for everyone, and we all loved them. They are very rich, and I could only eat one, and so could everyone else. I made them in my Pampered Chef stoneware muffin pan, which holds twelve muffins.


Pumpkin-Chocolate Muffins
h/t: inspired by Splendid Sustenance
difficulty: easy
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 can pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons dark Karo syrup
bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400˚ and lightly grease a 12 muffin tin. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices together in large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, oil, and molasses. Pour wet ingredients into the dry and mix. Stir in half a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Fill the muffin cups 2/3s full. Bake 18-20 minutes, until toothpick or knife inserted in center comes out clean. Wait until they cool to pop them out of the pan.
::
This recipe is definitely going in my keep pile. I think it's a bit rich for just normal breakfast, but I can see it going well with coffee and tea if you had friends over for brunch.