Sunday, January 20, 2008

Chicken Pot Pie

h/t: family recipe, inspired by Sarah's recipe
difficulty: medium
3 cups shredded frozen hashbrowns
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 oz. can evaporated milk
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1 cup frozen mixed veggies
1 tsp white pepper
1 package sliced swiss cheese
1 pie crust

lay the swiss cheese as shown, on top of the filling...remember to cut slits in the crust... you could even do shapes if you feel adventurous
I use this type of ready-made, easy roll-out crust...found in the bakery aisle
cook to a golden brown...


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine ingredients in large bowl. Stir together, then pour into empty pie plate. Cover with sliced swiss cheese, then with the pie crust. Cut slits in top of pie crust to vent. Bake for 45 minutes at 375, increase heat to 425 and bake for another 10 minutes.
::
Well, I've been on hiatus for a while, trying new recipes at my leisure, and updating new favorites. Due to my typical lack of comments, I didn't realize how many people were reading this blog within my family. Until someone brought it up at a recent party, and a bunch of people acted disappointed I had not added recipes recently.
So, I'm back, and better than ever. I already have several family recipes ready to go here. Plus, a bunch of brand-new ones that we can try together, due to the abundance of cookbooks I received for Christmas!
Drop me a email or a comment if you try one of my recipes. And don't feel shy about sending me one of your favorites for me spotlight!